Advantage Grand Canyon Rafting Trips and Tours
Who We Are And What We Do…
We are a central reservation service for all Grand Canyon Rafting Trips. We have an educated team available to address questions and provide you with detailed information on river trips that fit within your travel preferences. With 16 outfitters and over a thousand trips to choose from, the planning process can be stressful. That is where we come in! Our goal is to create an enjoyable, free and unbiased experience for you while navigating the many options of traveling through one of America’s most prized possessions. Not sure what questions to ask or where to start? No problem! Contact us today and we will be happy to assist you, or you may compare hundreds of trips at once with our Trip Finder. Take the Advantage!
Why Choose Advantage Grand Canyon Rafting?
WE DO THE LEG WORK
With 16 different outfitters and over a thousand trips to choose from, we do the leg work and find your ideal trip based on your needs.
100% FREE SERVICE
Our service is FREE! Our prices are the same as the outfitters.
HASSLE FREE VACATION
Enjoy a hassle free vacation from begining to end
WE’LL WORK WITH YOU
Tell us your budget & travel dates, we provide Available Trip Options
Frequently Asked Questions
Ask yourself 3 questions:
1. How much time do I have?
2. Would I prefer to hike out of the canyon or in?
3. What are some highlights on the river that I am hoping to experience ?
1. The Upper Canyon segment ranges from 3-7 days in length (3-4 days for motor trips – 6-7 days for non-motor trips), while the Lower Canyon segment ranges from 4-9 days in length (4-5 days for motor trips – 7-9 for non-motor trips). Some guests simply choose their trip by the amount of time they have to travel. If you have the flexibility to do either a 6 or 9 day trip, you will then want to ask yourself if you prefer to hike out of Grand Canyon or into Grand Canyon.
2. Hiking Grand Canyon is a strenuous and rewarding experience. The Bright Angel trail is 9.5 miles long, and has an elevation change of 4,500 feet. Guests who choose to hike the Canyon need to be prepared for the rigors presented on the trail, and in good physical condition to complete the hike. Upper Canyon trips require you to climb out of Grand Canyon, which is a demanding cardiovascular workout. Lower Canyon trips require you to hike down the Bright Angel trail, putting strain on the joints of the body; making it important to have strong knees, ankles and hips, to help minimize the impact on the body. If you are confident in your ability to either hike into or out of Grand Canyon, you will then want to consider the experience you are hoping to gain while on the river.
3. Both segments of the Grand Canyon offer rapids, geology, archeological sites, vista hikes and the opportunity to explore side canyons on day hikes. However, each segment has more prominent features associated with it. The Upper Canyon often times appeals most to those more interested in Archeology and Geology. With many natural flood planes, the Native Americans had the opportunity to harvest crops in areas of the Upper Canyon, presenting the opportunity to discover archeological sites while on your rafting adventure. In addition to archeological sites, the Upper Canyon also provides an intimate view of each rock layer. As you descend into the Canyon, the rock layers become exposed, creating the chance for your guides to take you on a walk through Grand Canyon’s geological timeline.
With over 100 rapids,the Lower Canyon offers an exciting adventure for thrill seekers hoping to experience big whitewater. This segment of the river has some of the most renown rapids in North America, such as Lava Falls, Crystal, Hermit and Horn Creek. This segment of whitewater is not for the faint of heart. In addition to big whitewater, the Lower Canyon offers more tributaries flowing into the Canyon, creating hidden oasis’ and beautiful waterfalls. Some of the more famous tributaries are Tapeats Creek, Deer Creek Falls, Elves Chasm and Havasupai Creek.
SEE ALL FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS HERE